Join us in celebratingKentucky’s Culinary Scene
The Better in the Bluegrass badge is more than just a symbol. It tells our visitors that a restaurant delivers an authentic Kentucky culinary experience. If you’re a chef interested in showcasing why it’s truly Better in the Bluegrass, fill out an application to become a Better in the Bluegrass partner.
- A feature on the Kentucky Department of Tourism (KDT) website
- Window cling and chef patches to identify the restaurant as Better in the Bluegrass (BITB)
- Use of the BITB logo on restaurant menu, social media and website
- When KDT receives media inquiries related to this program, the participating restaurants will be the go-to restaurants for these articles, press visits, promotional opportunities, etc.
- Menu must include at least one (1) main dish that is a derivative of the main dish from the region, as defined by the 2018 Visitors Guide. We also strongly encourage participating restaurants to offer appetizers, side dishes, desserts and beverages showcased in the guide, as well as local ingredients.
- No single dish may be above $25.
- Restaurant must be a Kentucky-domiciled business (owned by Kentucky resident) with no more than two locations outside the state, and no more than 5 total locations with the same name and branding.
- The Better in the Bluegrass review team will review your submission to confirm if your application has been approved or denied, and communicate any feedback to you.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive:
- Better in the Bluegrass branded chef patches and window clings
- The electronic Better in the Bluegrass file to add to your menu
- A profile on the Kentucky Tourism website
- Every 6 months, we will review participating restaurants’ websites to ensure regional dishes are still on the menu.
- If you have any questions please email [email protected].