Join us in celebratingKentucky’s Culinary Scene
The Better in the Bluegrass badge is more than just a symbol. It tells our visitors where to find authentic Kentucky culinary experiences. If you’re interested in showcasing why it’s truly Better in the Bluegrass, fill out an application to become a Better in the Bluegrass partner.
- A feature on the Kentucky Department of Tourism (KDT) website
- Restaurants will receive a Better in the Bluegrass window cling and chef patches
- Producers will receive a Better in the Bluegrass window cling
- Use of the BITB logo on restaurant menu, social media and website
- When KDT receives media inquiries related to this program, the participating restaurants and producers will be our first go-to for these articles, press visits, promotional opportunities, etc.
- If applying as a restaurant:
- Menu must include at least one (1) dish from any Kentucky regional meal, as defined by the 2018 Visitors Guide.
- Restaurant must be a Kentucky-domiciled business (owned by Kentucky resident) with no locations outside the state, and no more than 5 total locations in the state with the same name and branding.
- If applying as a producer:
- Organization must be a Kentucky-domiciled business (owned by Kentucky resident)
- Business must be open to the public in some capacity - whether on a regular basis or for special events
- The Better in the Bluegrass review team will review your submission to confirm if your application has been approved or denied, and communicate any feedback to you.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive:
- Better in the Bluegrass branded window clings and/or chef patches
- The electronic Better in the Bluegrass file to add to your menu
- A profile on the Kentucky Tourism website
- Every 6 months, we will review participating restaurants’ websites to ensure that all details are still current.
- If you have any questions please email [email protected].